OHIO HIGHWAY PATROL RETIREMENT SYSTEM
Qualifying events include: (documentation required)
- Birth, adoption, placement for adoption or legal guardianship of a child,
- Change in employment status,
- Divorce, annulment, or dissolution,
- Legal separation,
- Involuntary termination of other group coverage, or
The effective date of coverage will be:
- January 1st for an addition during open enrollment. Terminations during open enrollment shall be effective December 31st.
- The first day of the month following the receipt of an enrollment form based on a
- The date of marriage for the addition of a new spouse or stepchild.
- The date of birth for the addition of a newborn.
- The adoption date for the addition of a newly-adopted child or the date the child is placed for adoption.
- The date the legal guardianship becomes effective.